About This File
Type: Versus Bullet Hell
Developer: Team Shanghai Alice
Publisher: Team Shanghai Alice
Year: Comiket 68, on August 14, 2005
Language: English-Patched (ThCrap Self-Updating Standalone)
Silhouette On Cover: Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (Final Boss)
(Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Reisin, Cirno, Lyrica, Merline, Lunasa, Mystia, Tewi, Aya, Medicine, Yuuka, Komachi, Shikieiki)
One look at the Options screen and you'll discover there are two different settings offered for the functionality of your Focus button.
* Charge Mode: You must tap [Z] repeatedly to fire, because holding it charges your Battle Gauge attacks. This mode exists to allow you to hold [Shift] to slow yourself down and display your Scope.
* Slow Mode: You can hold [Z] to fire continuously, and it will also both slow you down and display your Scope. This way, the [Shift] button is exclusive to charging your Battle Gauge attacks.
The Battle Gauge and Its Usage
* You start each match with 1 full level on your Battle Gauge. However, that isn't enough to send any attacks to your opponent's side (although it is enough to help deal with enemies on your own side; see below).
* Extend your Battle Gauge by defeating enemies and grazing bullets. Dying will also extend your gauge one or more levels.
* Your Battle Gauge holds up to 4 levels (and it will alert you when it's hit a new level you can use).
* If you charge 1 level of your gauge and release, your character performs a Charge Attack against enemies on your own side of the field that is more powerful than their regular bullets - most even have special properties (for example, Reimu's amulets will home, and Youmu's sword can destroy bullets).
-> Using a Charge Attack does not deplete your Gauge, so you can use them all you like.
-> You cannot use a Charge Attack if you've got less than one full level on your gauge, but the only way to make that happen is by using a Bomb; see below.
* If you charge 2 or 3 levels of your gauge and release, you will use a Spell Card on your opponent's side of the field! Doing this costs the level you charged to minus one.
* If you charge all 4 levels of your gauge and release, you send them a boss battle to sweat out. As above, doing this costs the level you charged to minus one.
Other Ways to Attack Your Opponent
Aside from spell cards, there are 3 other ways you can cause your opponent's field to go from being more or less manageable, to a living hell:
* Kill enemies. Anything you destroy, including small bullets you wipe out with the little explosions made by their deaths, goes to your opponent's side as one extra bullet each.
* Combos. You can cause chain reactions by shooting the first enemy in a line, and can combo kills if they're made withing a certain time of your previous kill. The higher the combo you rack up, the more misery you send your opponent's way.
* Bomb. Using a Bomb costs you your entire Battle Gauge, but it sends the maximum available attack over to your opponent instantly. Unfortunately for you, since this puts you under one full level, you can't use any Charge Attacks for a while as your gauge rebuilds. Since using a Bomb uses a Spell Card, you must have at least 2 levels available to be able to use a Bomb.
Scopes and Spirits
* Spirits float down toward you with all the bullets and fairies; some are small and easily destroyed, while others are larger and take more of a beating.
* Destroying spirits causes a small explosion that can destroy nearby bullets.
* You can use your Scope to capture spirits, which enables you to more or less deliberately place spirits where you want them (this is why it's important to know the shape and nature of your character's Scope). Don't dawdle too long after tagging a spirit with your Scope, though, because if you do, it'll start drifting back up, and eventually explode into bullets!
* It unlocks Komachi and Shikieiki for all modes.
* It unlocks the Prismriver sisters for Match Play.
* Extra is available for everyone.
* It is cleared on Normal ("Narcissus") with everyone except Shiki.
-> You can help get this scorefile to 100%! If you have a scorefile which improves upon the progress in this existing file, please submit it to us!
What's New in Version See changelog
-fixed download link head